Pink Flower in a Rain of Grace

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Fun Tag

Hey! If any of you are actually still checking my blog, I hope you enjoy these tid-bits of information! I had fun doing this over the last couple of days! See you soon!

I AM: a lover of most things pink, a friend, a daughter, a sister, a preschool teacher, a prayer warrior, a lioness, um…slightly annoyed at the moment with my neighbors’ volume level at 11:00 at night… hehe! creative… yeah, loyal, full of J-O-Y, and simply in love with my Jesus!

I WANT: to be a moon with my face fixed on the sun, ready to shine (for all you Sara Groves fans)!

I WISH: sometimes that I could be in two places at once.

I HATE: trickery of the devil! I mean… he is just sneaky and I want to just smash him!

I MISS: America when I am in Bosnia & Bosnia when I am in America.

I HEAR: My obnoxiously loud, yet somehow comforting, clock; ‘There is Nothing Lost’ from the Sense and Sensibility soundtrack; Salty, Beba, and Hershey Kiss (my neighbors puppies) barking at the wind or rain.

I WONDER: where I will be in 10 years.

I REGRET: immediate reactions a lot of times. I tend to sputter out stupid things in the heat of a moment, and after a little thought I am just fine. So yeah… trouble= reacting before the thinking.

I AM NOT: an open book.

I DANCE: only for the entertainment of the 8, 5, or one year old on our team. No that’s not true… I dance before God in worship!

I SING: non-stop! I make myself crazy! One word that sparks that song database inside my brain is all it takes and I am off!

I CRY: seldom. Lately anyway… it is interesting. I have always been really emotional. I am moved in worship or by God things at the oddest times, it seems… or when I read Chronicles, but yeah… I am not much of a crier these days.

I AM NOT ALWAYS: outgoing! Hehe… this year, I have discovered that I am quite the introvert. Weird change!

I MAKE WITH MY HANDS: food. Joj! Nothing here seems to come very easy, so I end up baking something to last for days; quilts for people- friends, babies, brothers, etc…

I WRITE: down most dreams that I have, because I am finding that God really likes to tell me things in my sleep; notes from meetings… I am a minute keeper. I like to have notes from every worship & prayer time! I like to build little alters on paper, so that I can go back later and remember what God was doing!

I CONFUSE: the bosnian words for ‘vegetarian’ and a ‘big breasted woman’.

I NEED: to stay in the Word, otherwise I take everyone else’s opinions about God, wrap it all together to form a belief, and then have no idea what I think about things!

I SHOULD: take more time to love people the way Jesus did. It is easy to get busy with tasks, even though they are tasks consecrated to God, and forget to just love on the people, taking heart-felt interest in them.

I START: many things that I never finish.

I FINISH: most day to day responsibilities. I rarely finish hobby things… unless they are for someone else, and even then it is tricky. So maybe you have a piece of gift, half-finished or barely started somewhere in my scattered belongings. It's the thought that counts, right?

I'M GLAD: that God asked me to follow him to beautiful Bosnia; to be going home for a visit in 6 days!

I LIVE: about half as “recklessly” for Jesus as I would like to; one day at a time- not that I don’t plan or have dreams… I just find it much more pleasurable to be committed to a day, able to say that I obeyed, loved, and spread a little sunshine!

I PRAY: often, also at the oddest moments and over the most random things. I like for my conversations with Jesus to never end. Halfway through the morning, we pick up where we left off earlier!

I SEEK: to deeply & intimately know God and understand His character.

I WOULD RATHER: be sleeping right now… the blustery day is tempting me to sneak an afternoon nap. I can’t do it, but it would be nice, since I got 3 hours sleep last night!

I PREFER: not to stick my hands in dirty dish water; bosnian coca cola light to diet coke anywhere else in the world I have traveled so far.

I KNOW: less and less & more and more everyday. Does that make any sense? Everyday I am challenged… I think I know something, then find out I don’t, & then I learn something new!

I MUST HAVE: Jesus & Sara Groves every morning… hehe; something salty after chocolate and some other sweets; one happy, pink gerber daisy smiling at me from a vase on my bookshelf.

I HOPE: to reflect God’s glory every second of everyday- to be a good representation of the character of God, being created in His image; to be bold and never refuse the Lord when He asks something of me, especially in the little things; to be able to get all the things done this week that I need to do before I go home- work, team, visits, pack, clean, plan, etc… and still be able to sleep!

1 Comments:

  • At 4:26 PM, Blogger saraiwithani said…

    Hey!! I love reading your blogs when you get a chance to write them! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU SOON!!!! :) Love ya lots!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home