Pink Flower in a Rain of Grace

Monday, March 13, 2006

Mad Music Monday... Hehe!

Hey! So I have loved reading all your responses to the weekly prompts and I am excited to join in the fun!

I have had the new Sara Groves cd since Christmas, and I love it! I have listened to it quite a bit, and yet I think it is funny how you can listen to something 50 times and not actually get or listen what it's saying! Well, that was my experience with the song "You are the Sun".

You are the Sun shining down on everyone
Light of the world giving light to everything I see
Beauty so brilliant I can hardly take it in
And everywhere You are there's warmth and light

And I am the moon with no light of my own
Still You have made me to shine
And as I glow in this cold dark night
I know I can't be a light unless I turn my face to You

I mentioned in a previous blog about the culture shock I experienced when I went from not being able to be completely open about my relationship with the Lord to that being a huge part of everyday when I was on outreach in Italy. During the first few days I felt so completely ill-equipped! I was like, "Whoa now... I am not used to this, I have had so little practice, the switch is turned off, and now you are sending me out into the streets?! What do I do?" I was a mess! Then one afternoon early in the outreach, as I was taking a prayer walk throughout the city, the Lord really encouraged my spirit. He said to me, " Beth, just be here. Be a dwelling place for My Spirit! Be filled and overflow. Love the people. Be a reflection of me to them." And I was like, "HELLO!!!" Yeah, of course... this I know! I felt really silly.

That night, I got into bed and played some worship music as I was going to sleep. The song You are the Sun came on. For the first time, I really listened to the words of the song, and I just bawled! I prayed, "Thank God I am no sun! But thank you God that even though I am a silly mess of a girl sometimes, that when I turn my face to you, you make me to shine." The Lord really ministered to my heart through the song and the words He had given me earlier that day, and yeah... I just love it. I play the thing every morning here in Sarajevo now, just as a reminder to myself of my dependency on the Lord. That words and works are nothing to the people here. They need to see Jesus. And what a comfort it is to know that if I keep my face turned to Jesus, He will be shone brightly... reflected, if you will... to everyone I meet each day. Man... goodtimes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home