Pink Flower in a Rain of Grace

Friday, March 17, 2006

Things I Love Thursday

So, I am here today to tell you all that I absolutely love fun fabric! I was thinking about this fact this morning when I pulled out a baby quilt I have been working on for my friend Teenie' s baby. I could spend hours in walmart, going through all the different fabrics! With fun fabrics, you can make beautiful wall hangings for pictures, a cover for your favorite journal, use it as a matt for a pretty picture in a frame, make fun quilts, yeah... the list goes on! I have gotten into canning quite a bit since we have been here, and one of my favorite uses of fabric was to cover the tops of the jars of the pumpkin butter I made! Hehe! I felt like I was back home in Appalachia! My most recent completed project was when my friend Stephanie and I made Christmas stockings for our team. Making them was a pleasure, and filling them with sweet things for the team was fun, but my favorite part was the actual assembly! Trying to find fabrics that reminded us of each of them or that we thought they would love. It was good times! Fabric in Bosnia... not so much, but I have been lucky in finding sales when I have been in America, and I always leave a bit of room in my suitcase so that I can add to my stash. So yeah... I love fabric!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home