Pink Flower in a Rain of Grace

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Precious Story

So, ultimately I know that I am in this lovely country to shine and share the love of Jesus to these amazing people! And I do... I mean, our team spends much time in worship and intercession, I play with and love on children, I smile at everyone I meet on the streets, I get on my knees and pray for my friends here that do not yet know the Lord... but when it comes to verbally sharing TRUTH, I worry. I error on the side of sharing anything, because I am too afraid of reprocussions.
While I was in Italy, I spent the first week of our outreach learning how to be open about my relationship with the Lord! It was weird! I mean, at first I was terrified to open my mouth! The first day we were there, during part of our 2 hour train ride to town, I listened to a few of the other team members from Denver share with some highschool kids about the reason we were in Italy for the Olympics. "We love Jesus!" they proclaimed. I'm embarraced now to say that when I heard this, I actually shrank in my seat! I was really ashamed, and then ashamed for being ashamed, but then I asked the Lord to open my mouth! And wow... did He ever! The whole rest of the outreach, I was so in love... so refreshed! I didn't really feel like God was asking me to stand in the street and pass out tracks, but to just talk to people. And out of the people from which you would least expect it, started coming deep questions about life and purpose, and I was allowed to be just real with them. To befriend them, and then share my Source with them. It was so awesome!
So then I came back to Bosnia! Wow... what a difference! I am back in the land of tomorrows. Well, thinking about tomorrow anyway... "if I do this today, what will it be like tomorrow?" And that's reasonable! I can't be careless. Some precautions must be made. But I am not going to hide behind "goodwill" anymore. I feel like the Lord has said, "ok, you have walked for a while... they are ready for a bit of talking!"
So, do you wanna hear a cool testiment to this new philosophy? I wish it was mine, but I can't take credit. My landlord's wife, Tidza, came to my door the other day! That doesn't sound too unbelievable unless I tell you that she is paralized on the left side of her body from a stroke that she had last summer! She came to my door so proudly! "Cao Beti," she said, with a huge smile on her face! I burst into tears, hugging and kissing her! "You are so strong," I said, as I promised to go have coffee with her. I watched her walk, slowly, but surely, back upstairs.
Later, as I was having coffee with she, her husband, Murat, and their daughter, Melisa (I use the heck out of some commas! Help me, Dood!) she told me that on Valentine's Day she was paid a visit from Daniel & Analise (my team leaders' children). They came, by themselves, to visit her and brought cupcakes for the holiday. Melisa, who speaks English beautifully, translated for the kids. Tidza explained to me that about halfway through their visit, Lisie says to Daniel, "remember how we saw on tv, when the people laid hands on that man and prayed for him and God healed him? We should lay hands on Grandma Tidza (a professed Muslim) and pray for her!" And they did! They laid their little hands on Tidza's hand and leg and prayed for her healing in Jesus' name! I love that about kids. Such blind faith, and no worry! Tidza told me, "hvala, hvala, hvala"... thank you, thank you, thank you. And she's walking. Everyday better than the day before! Am I surprized? Completely! And I don't know why, because it should be no surprize that God does these things!
All that to say, wow... I hear you Brooke (your blog about the little girl from your class). Kids seem to have the best ears to hear. They are pure and precious! So now I am challenged to follow the example set by the 5 and 7 year old and not only shine, but share and be open with the people I love here. Jesus is awesome!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:07 PM, Blogger Flo said…

    Friend, commas don't matter in this story. The story stands alone - without any punctuation!!! Beautiful. Once again...a little child shall lead them!

    I love you! I'm praying lots and lots and lots for you...I've never prayed for you to have the power of speech before! :) Sometimes, the opposite!! NO! Friend, I'm kidding! I love you!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home